How can I improve charity retail recruitment, retention and performance?
The current success we’re seeing across charity retail is brilliant news.
But despite this, recruitment and retention remain a massive challenge, with stores sometimes being forced to close due to lack of staff and volunteers.
So how do we make sure we can build – and keep – the right team to make sure we’re taking advantage of the hugely buoyant market?
Invest in your team
Retail teams are often overlooked when it comes to learning and development. Mandatory training can be all that’s on offer – and frequently this is aimed at non-retailers, therefore limiting it’s resonance and impact.
We see this as a missed opportunity – and a disservice to your retail teams. Investing in them by providing relevant and engaging training can help improve recruitment, motivation and retention.
How Learning & Development can help
Making good choices about investment your teams when planning budgets is essential. Take a look at these statistics:
- 94% of employees say that they would be more willing to stay in a corporation that invests into employee training and development.
- 86% of millennials would remain at their job if offered better training & development courses
- Companies that offer professional development opportunities have 34% higher retention rates
- Companies providing comprehensive training programmes have a 218% higher income per employee than those that invest less*
Charity Retail Learning Subscription – a simple, effective solution
Charity Retail Learning is a joint venture between 2 trusted sector organisations – the Charity Retail Association and The Charity Retail Consultancy, and is the UK’s only sector specific, online and face to face training provider.
Created by and for charity retailers, our courses are highly rated by learners, simple to access and great value.
With prices from just £252 plus VAT per shop per year, our subscription offer gives you everything you need for your team’s learning and development:
- Unlimited access to 30+ courses and webinars for all staff and starters
- Includes new courses and webinars
- Account management set-up and support
- Choice of 1,2 and 3 year options with just one annual payment
- Training provided by sector leading experts
- SAVE up to 71% on pay as you go prices
- Impact – complete training solution & support
- Ease – minimal administration and easy trainee access
- Flexibility – teams and individuals can select the courses and timings to suit their needs
- Support – your own dedicated account manager and 24/7 access to all reports
- Charity retail focus – content that engages, upskills and inspires your retail team
How can I find out more?
To find out more, book a no obligation chat with us today by calling Vicki on 07985 574904 or email email@example.com
Or you can get a bespoke quote using our easy cost calculator
We can also support you with creating a business case to support your investment if needed – and at no extra cost. So when you’re setting your budgets for 2024/25 don’t forget – investing in your team really is money well spent.
*Sources: LinkedIn; Better Buys Professional Development Report; Growth Engineering
More About Us
The Charity Retail Consultancy helps charity retailers and other non-profits be their brilliant best.
Charity Retail Learning provides online & face to face training developed by charity retailers, for charity retailers. We work in partnership with the Charity Retail Association to deliver training to their members and beyond.
The Charity Retail Coach – Dan O’Driscoll offers a first class executive coaching service
The Charity Retail Merchandiser – Kat Maclennan helps you create stunning and profitable displays in store and online
To find out more or to speak to us about how we can help you, please get in touch:
Jayne – 07598 243210
Vicki – 07985 574904
Follow us on social media: